Music Support provides a range of mental health courses delivered by licensed instructors, accredited by Mental Health First Aid England. These courses are aimed at raising awareness of mental illness within the industry, enabling people to support themselves and others to aid recovery.
Read testimonials from those who have taken our Mental Health First Aid courses here.
Mental Health First Aid Course Information
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue. Whilst MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening in the first place.
You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill-health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe. You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more. What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
This course is delivered both face-to-face over two consecutive days or online in four sessions on four separate days.
The cost is £300 per delegate and you must attend all sessions to complete the course. If you are interested in securing a place or group booking, please enquire by emailing us at email@example.com
Training Dates with availability:
April 15th – 24th 2024
- Live Session 1 Monday 15th April 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 2 Wednesday 17th April 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 3 Monday 22nd April 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 4 Wednesday 24th April 10am – 2pm
April 22nd – May 1st 2024
- Live Session 1 Monday 22nd April 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 2 Wednesday 24th April 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 3 Monday 29th April 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 4 Wednesday 1st May 10am – 2pm
April 29th – May 8th 2024
- Live Session 1 Monday 29th April 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 2 Wednesday 1st May 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 3 Tuesday 7th May 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 4 Wednesday 8th May 10am – 2pm
May 7th – 15th 2024
- Live Session 1 Tuesday 7th May 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 2 Wednesday 8th May 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 3 Monday 13th May 10am – 2pm
- Live Session 4 Wednesday 15th May 10am – 2pm
MHFA bursaries for Freelancers
If you are a freelancer who works in tech or production, in a touring role or a music creator or representative, you may be eligible to apply to become a fully-accredited MHFAider with Music Support for FREE thanks to funding from our partners, Backup Tech, The Julia and Hans Rausin Trust and The Roadie Cookbook and Stagehand. Click here for further information and to apply.
Other Available Courses:
Mental Health First Aid Refresher
This four-hour course is available either face-to-face or online.
If you are a Mental Health First Aider, you have skills for life that support you and the people around you. We believe that mental health should be treated equally to physical health and just like physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid training should be kept up to date. It is recommended by MHFA England that skills are refreshed every three years.
Our Refresher course will empower you to:
- Keep your awareness of mental health supports current
- Update your knowledge of mental health and what influences it
- Practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
Mental Health First Aid Champion
This one-day Mental Health First Aid course is suitable for those who would like to gain awareness of mental illness. It enables you to understand common mental health illnesses to support your own mental health and the wellbeing of colleagues.
Mental Health Aware
This ½ day mental health aware course is suitable for those who would like to become more self-aware about their own mental health and to gain a basic awareness of mental health illnesses and how to help themselves and others around them.