If you work in music and live events and are experiencing mental health or addiction challenges, you are not alone. Music Support is here for you. Our team has been personally impacted by these issues and have seen their friends, colleagues and heroes lose their careers, families and even their lives.
Our freephone helpline provides callers with a confidential and non-judgmental listening ear from trained industry peers who all have personal experience of the music & live events industries and the issues that Music Support covers.
We are all Mental Health First Aiders trained to spot service users at risk, responding efficiently to callers in crisis.
If we miss your call, you can leave a message. We aim to return messages as soon as we can, within 24 hours if the call is made after 17:00 on weekdays. For urgent and emergency care please contact NHS 111 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or visit your local A&E.
If your query is less urgent you can email email@example.com
Please visit our Support Services page for further information on ways in which we support our peers who work in the music industry impacted by mental ill-health and/or addiction and our Family and Friends page for details on how we support their loved ones.
Mental Health Related
- If you need help, you should contact your GP or call:
NHS 111 (England)
NHS Direct (Wales) on 0845 46 47
NHS 24 (Scotland) on 111 or your relevant HSC organisation (Northern Ireland).
- CALM: 0800 58 58 58 (5pm – midnight, 365 days a year)
- Every Mind Matters
- Mind’s Mental Health A-Z – for urgent support please click here
- Music Minds Matter: 0808 802 8008 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
- Samaritans: 116 123 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
- Shout: Text 85258 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
- Addaction Live Chat: (Monday – Friday: 10am-4pm, 6pm-9pm. Saturday: 11am – 4pm. Sunday: 11am – 4pm)
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 0800 9177 650 (operating hours vary depending upon the area the caller is calling from). You can also email for help and advice here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank: 0300 1236600 or Text 82111 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
- Narcotics Anonymous: 0300 999 1212 (10:00 – Midnight daily)