Our mission at Music Support is to make sure that nobody in the UK music industry is left to suffer alone with addiction, emotional or mental health issues.
We believe that those in our industry who are susceptible to emotional and mental health issues, stress, alcoholism, substance misuse and many other addictions, are particularly vulnerable due to the environments, lifestyles and stresses that exist within.
Wherever in the industry the individual may be, stigmas surrounding these conditions are still so strong that they can go ignored, unrecognised or untreated until it is too late. We believe that everybody is entitled to confidential, sympathetic and non-judgemental support.
Music Support is run by people from the music industry, for people in the music industry. Our trustees and founders have all suffered personally from mental health and addiction issues and have seen friends, colleagues and heroes lose their careers, their families and even their lives to these problems. Our mission is to provide the best possible support, assistance and advice to those in need.
We operate a 24/7 telephone helpline offering peer support from volunteers with personal experiences of the music industry and addiction or mental health issues.
We do not give advice or offer clinical services.
We offer signposting to certified and accredited professionals in the fields of addiction and mental health: therapists, psychiatrists and treatment facilities. All treatments facilities are registered with the Care Quality Commission.
We provide “safe tents” backstage at UK Festivals where individuals can go to escape the mayhem, chat to someone or attend a 12 Step meeting.
We offer information and resources via our website and host educational events for the music industry and general public through our connection with the International Conference on Addiction and Associated Disorders
- Inclusion. Music Support is open to everyone in the industry regardless of background, role or music genre.
- Safety. We create a confidential environment, and observe the highest standards of personal data protection and governance
- Courage. We’re proud to stand for who we are and what we believe in and support others to do the same
- Passion. We believe in the power of transformational change because we have experienced it in our own lives
- Innovation. We find new solutions to addressing addiction and mental health problems in the music industry
- Understanding. We are shaped by our experience of the unique pressures wrought by our industry
No issue is too big or too small to be outside our area of operation. We are here to help.